Safety and Responsibility
REGAL BLINDS COMPLIES WITH THE MAKE IT SAFE STANDARD FROM THE BBSA.
What is this standard
The standard affecting internal window blinds was significantly revised in relation to child safety requirements in February 2014 and, in effect, mandates:
- Limitations on cord and chain lengths.
- Safety devices for preventing cords and chains from creating a hazardous loop.
- The fitting of safety devices on cords and chains at the point of manufacture.
- The testing of all safety critical components of internal window blinds.
- The testing of complete blinds using safety devices.
- Safety warnings and product instructions.
The General Product Safety Regulations, 2005 place a legal responsibility on traders to provide a safe product. Compliance with the revised standards affords a presumption of conformity with these regulations.
The standards are applicable to all homes, all public buildings and any other premises where babies and young children aged 0 – 42 months are likely to have access or be present.
For further information visit www.makeitsafe.org.uk